Thursday 13th September 2012
Dr Terry Gibson, Operations Director, Global Network for Disaster Reduction
Madlen King, Global Head of Climate Change, LRQA Business Assurance
Dr Terry Gibson is Operations Director of the Global Network for Disaster Reduction, leading over 500 member organisations in 70 countries at local and global level, to improve the resilience of communities in the face of increasing vulnerability to disasters. His work reflects a career focus on communications, having led companies concerned with corporate and broadcast communications before focusing on applications of communications in sustainability, and international development.
He leads the global action research programme ‘Views from the Frontline’ for the Global Network, has undertaken major projects for DfID and Tearfund, as well as contributing to sustainability programmes for SABMiller, Kingfisher and B&Q.
Madlen King is the Global Head of Climate Change and Sustainability for LRQA and is responsible for the integrity of all LRQA’s climate change and sustainability services worldwide. These include international services for the EUETS, CDM, JI, ISO 14064 and CSR together with various domestic schemes.
Madlen is involved in shaping the future of emissions trading through engagements with the European Commission, the European Co-operation for Accreditation, IETA and as Vice President of the DIA.
- Stakeholder communications: Middle management and sustainability – engaging the marzipan layer
- Sustainability strategies: Getting expertise for your sustainability strategy – where can you draw support from to help shape your strategy?
- Resource efficiency: Using resource efficiency to manage climate change risk
- Social responsibility: Climate change: an issue for the future?
- Supply chain: Managing the effects of your suppliers on climate change
- Sustainable buildings and technologies: Over 40% of emissions relate to buildings: what must we do?
You can read an impartial write up from Manchester Climate Monthly here.